A collection of literary--
FUNNY pieces for a laugh
TOUCHING works for the heart
and INSPIRATIONAL writings for a better view of life.



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mothers' Love Bears No Price


A mother was fixing supper for the family.
Her little son came running in quite excitedly.
He handed her a paper with words of writing.
The mother took the paper and started reading.
The boy had written in big handwriting :

“$2 for doing the dish washing.
$ 1 for making my bed this week .
For running errands, $ 2 I seek .
$ 2 for sweeping the floor .
My other friends asked for much more .
$ 5 for my good report card , Mummy! Clearing our garden - $ 3 is due for me.
So Mummy, you can see very clearly
You owe me quite a big sum of money.”

The mother looked at him standing there expectantly. A thousand memories flashed through her mind instantly. She picked up the paper and turned it over.
The words she wrote would make you think and ponder.

“For the 9 months I carried you, growing inside me, NO CHARGE.
For the nights I sat with you, doctored you, prayed for you, NO CHARGE.
For the time and the tears,
And the cost through the years, NO CHARGE.
For the nights filled with dread, and the worries ahead,
NO CHARGE.
For advice and knowledge and the cost of your College,
NO CHARGE.
For the toys, food and clothes and for wiping your nose,
NO CHARGE.
Son, when you add it all up, the full cost of my LOVE is , NO CHARGE.”

When the boy finished reading, tears welled in his eyes.He realized one lesson in life –
Love bears no Price.

To his mother, he said, “I sure do love you, Mummy. I’m sorry.”
Then he took the pen and in big letters, he wrote“ALL PAID FULLY.”

Brothers and Sisters :
There’re more things than just MONEY
To live life meaningfully and joyously.


writer:
Anonymous 

No comments:

Post a Comment