A collection of literary--
FUNNY pieces for a laugh
TOUCHING works for the heart
and INSPIRATIONAL writings for a better view of life.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

USED TO BE

I am an optimist and I am saddened by the writer's bitterness in this piece as she is hardened by life's I might say, 'challenging' reality. Nevertheless at one point I think she just wanted to express that in life, there are 'changes' and we have to adapt to it; not by being hopeless but instead by being strong.

I am a writer...
But my hands no longer dance with the rhythm I used to know...

I am a speaker...
But seniority rules and its impolite to talk back...

I am a believer...
But my faith is slowly breaking as promises made are also broken...

I am a dreamer...
But reality has proven that dreams seldom come true...

I am an achiever...
But aiming has been stopped as achievements have been no good at all...

I am a wanderer...
But places started to be unsafe anymore...

I am an admirer...
But most beautiful things are ugly on the insides...

I am lover...
But I have just been blinded by sweet lies...

I am tender-hearted...
But my heart has been molded by cruelty to become like a rock...

I am a child...
But aging has taken its toll on me as problems continue to arise...

Well I am me...
I...used to be me...


writer: Rachel Janaban

No comments:

Post a Comment